We sold t-shirts, asked for donations, held a scholarship drive, asked for more donations, sold more t-shirts, lesson plans, and other stuff and over the past year, I am proud to say we have raised the most money for this scholarship to date! Over 50 individuals and companies have helped to fund 8 scholarship applications (OK, so it is really 7 full scholarships and one that is 95% funded). Each scholarship covers the cost of one ASCA Annual Conference conference fee of $369.
Want to join Jeff Ream (The Counseling Geek) and I in New Orleans this July? Then you need to fill out this application!
Here is what we will be asking this year (directly from page 2 of the application):
Short Answer: Why will attending ASCA 2016 help your students, school and/or community in particular?
Using the SMART format – please create one (or more) goals that you will work towards meeting by attending ASCA 2016. You may also use the below link submission to share a document using Drive, Dropbox or Box.com if that is easier. If you do – please enter “See link” in this question.
Measurable:What data will you measure to know if you met your goal?
Attainable/Action-Oriented:Is this “do-able”? How do you know?
Realistic/Relevant:Is this goal worthwhile? How does it help us meet our other goals?
Time-Bound:When will you meet this goal?
Link to your submission. Please provide any additional details or notes that may be helpful when using or opening your submission.
– Applicant roles will be verified before funds are distributed.
– Recipients will be notified prior to the March 1st priority registration deadlines. Please plan on registering by that date.
– We understand that life happens and plans change. If you receive a scholarship and are not able to attend – please contact Jeff or Carol. We ask that funds be donated back to the scholarship in this instance.
– Only completed applications are considered.
– Demonstrated need of funding
– Impact of attending ASCA 2016 on your school and community
– Goals linked to attending ASCA 2016
– First time attenders
– Diversity in work setting (Elem, MS, HS / Rural or Urban / etc)
– And more.
APPS ARE DUE FEB. 20th 11:59pm