Address: Carol Miller – Counseling Essentials, 1211 State Route 34, Genoa, NY 13071 USA
We are www.themiddleschoolcounselor.com is owned and operated by Carol Miller, sole proprietor and Carol Miller is the “data controller” of any personal data it may collect, process and hold about you, unless we inform you otherwise.
1. What personal data do we collect?
The personal data we collect from you directly can include your name, email address, mobile/landline telephone number, date of birth, address, your profession, your business/company name, your purchasing activity, your financial information such as your credit or debit card numbers, and data that is automatically collected–IP address, web browser type and version, operating system, and a list of URL’s starting with a referring site, your activity on Our Site and the site to which you exit.
2. When do we collect your personal data?
- When you purchase products and services from us online
- When you join our Counselor Essentials newsletter, or other email correspondence and alerts that you have subscribed to. You may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- When you contact us or we contact you to take part in surveys, competitions or promotions
- When you contact us online
- When you engage with us on social media (by mentioning/tagging us or by contacting us directly)
- Marketing research
- Personalizing advertisements based on your interests
3. How do we use your personal data and what are our legal justifications for doing so?
To make our products and services available to you
We use your personal data to provide you with the information, products and services that you request or purchase from us (i.e. to complete certain tasks, processes or orders on our website or within our apps, take payment online (where applicable) and deliver your products or services), and to communicate with you regarding those products and services that you purchase from us and respond to your questions and comments;
We may also use your personal data to measure how satisfied our customers are and provide customer service (including troubleshooting in connection with purchases or your requests for services or when you ask us questions on social media);
We rely on our contractual arrangements with you as the lawful basis on which we collect and process your personal data when you make an order for products and services. Alternatively, in some cases, we rely on our legitimate interests as a business (for example, to measure customer satisfaction and troubleshoot customer issues). Where we rely on our legitimate interests, we will always make sure that we balance these interests against your rights.
For administrative and internal business purposes
We may use your personal data for our internal business purposes, such as enhancing our site, improving our services and products and identifying usage trends. We may also use your data to monitor the use of our website and ensure that our website is presented in the most effective and relevant manner for you.
It is in our legitimate interests as a business to use your personal data in this way. For example, we want to ensure our website is customer friendly and works properly and that our products and services are efficient and of high quality. We also want to make it easy for you to interact with us. Where we rely on our legitimate interests, we will always make sure that we balance these interests against your rights.
To personalize services and products for you and improve our operations
It is in our legitimate interests as a business to use your data in this way and we do this in order to enhance your shopping experience with us. This allows us to help you find the products and services which you may be looking for and avoids you having to browse through products or services which are not relevant to you. With your permission and/or where permitted by law, We may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email AND/OR telephone AND/OR text message AND/OR post with information, news and offers on Our products AND/OR services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations.
4. Who do we share your personal data with?
We will never sell any of your personal data to a third party. However, in order for us to provide our services to you, we share your personal data with our trusted third party service providers or our group companies, as detailed below. Whenever we share your personal data, we put safeguards in place which require these organizations to keep your data safe and to ensure that they do not use your personal data for their own marketing purposes.
Third party service providers
- We may share your data with other companies in our group. This includes our shop on https://teespring.com/stores/the-middle-school-counselor
- We may contract with third parties to supply
TeeSpring, ConvertKit, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Google
- We may compile statistics about the use of Our Site including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales and other information. All such data will be anonymized and will not include any personally identifying information. We may from time to time share such data with third parties such as prospective investors, affiliates, partners and advertisers. Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law.
- In certain circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain data held by us, which may include your personal information, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where we are complying with the requirements of legislation, a court order, or a governmental authority. We do not require any further consent from you in order to share your data in such circumstances and will comply as required with any legally binding request that is made of us.
To prevent crime and comply with laws
In certain circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain data held by us, which may include your personal information, for example, where we are involved in legal proceedings, where we are complying with the requirements of legislation, a court order, or a governmental authority. We do not require any further consent from you in order to share your data in such circumstances and will comply as required with any legally binding request that is made of us.
5. Your rights
You have a number of rights relating to your personal information and what happens to it.
You are entitled to:
- have your data processed in a fair, lawful and transparent way;
- access personal data we hold about you;
- require us to correct any mistakes in your personal data;
- require us to delete personal data concerning you in certain situations where there is no good reason for us to continue to process it;
- request that we transfer your personal data to you or another service provider in a simple, structured format;
- object at any time to processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes;
- object to automated decision making which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you;
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal data; and
- otherwise restrict or temporarily stop our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
If you would like to speak to us in relation to any of your rights, please contact us.
6. Changing your preferences
If you no longer wish to be contacted by us about our products or services, or for other marketing purposes, you can amend your preferences or unsubscribe by contacting us. Alternatively, you can unsubscribe by simply clicking the unsubscribe link provided in emails you receive from us.
7. Your Right to Withhold Information and Your Right to Withdraw Information After You Have Given it
- You may access certain areas of Our Site without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on Our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
You may withdraw your consent for us to use your personal data as set out in section 4 at any time by contacting us using the details set out in section 6, and we will delete your data from our systems. However, you acknowledge this may limit our ability to provide the best possible products and services to you.