The Couch Potato Lesson Plan is the perfect lesson about healthy lifestyles, having a whole life balance and healthy vs unhealthy activities. This is a book companion for the book, The Couch Potato by Jory John. Use it with the book or visit YouTube to find a read aloud. In addition, the activities can be used without the book as well.
This lesson can be used for Grades K-5, as the activities are differentiated for grades K-2 and 3-5.
Couch Potato is a lovable character who learns that there is more to life than just watching TV and playing video games. There is a whole world outside with lots of fun activities. It’s a great way to talk about having a healthy lifestyle and healthy vs unhealthy choices. Included are discussion questions, worksheets, a Gallery Walk Activity, and Four Corners Activity.
- Lesson Plan to be used as a book companion to The Couch Potato–includes differentiation for grades K-2 and 3-5.
- Warm Up Activity
- Discussion Questions
- Four Corners Activity
- Gallery Walk Activity
- Make Your Own Roll an Activity Dice
- I Can Learning Targets Posters
- Aligned to ASCA Mindsets and Behaviors
- Color and Black & White Versions
The Couch Potato is a great story for students of all ages to talk about healthy lifestyle choices.